Our innovative weekly academic support sessions contextualize research-based practices and give every participant access to interactive self-directed learning through the incredible School in a Box tablet based education platform.
Under the theme Sifunda Saam (a combination of isiXhosa and Afrikaans words meaning “Learn Together”) we help ensure that all participants achieve literacy and numeracy so that they can access relevant skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship as they grow older.
Our academic support sessions:
- Provide participants individualized attention unavailable in normal school settings
- Are more interactive and collaborative than normal school settings
- Leverage the power of sport to help vulnerable learners achieve standards South Africa’s education system cannot.
- Offer a student-teacher ratio 20X lower than normal school settings
- Are safe spaces where learners report feeling motivated to try new things because they know they won’t be ridiculed for making mistakes
- Drastically improve learner focus, determination, self-confidence and interest